The Education Industry Foundations badge is awarded for successful completion of the Industry Jumpstart program.
Issued By: IBM
Issued On: 16 Apr 2018
What it takes to earn this badge
Industry Basics: Describe the basics of the industry and be able to identify key decision makers for the industry and their priorities.
Industry Solutions: Articulate key business processes in strategic IBM solution areas and have the ability to relate key industry financial drivers to future growth opportunities
Engage Client: Become engaged with other industry professionals (internal & external) and be able to prepare to have a business conversation with a client or industry professional
EARN; Currently this badge is only available for IBM Employees. Follow this link to earn this badge.
This eLearning course on VTSP Foundation introduces the VMware Whiteboard methodology that the sales engineer can build upon to deliver the whiteboards on all VMware solution areas. The course explains how to practice the VMware Whiteboard in a sales play, superimposing the customer’s environment onto the Whiteboard framework, and then illustrating the VMware solutions that the sales engineer would recommend.
- Explain how VMware solutions complement one another to present a holistic vision to customers.
- Customize the VMware Whiteboard to fit your customer’s environment and needs.
- Present the VMware Whiteboard without difficulty.
- Access VMware sales tools.
- Introduction to VTSP Foundation
- VMware Portfolio Review
- The Customer’s Strategic Priorities
- Delivering on the Customer’s Strategic Priorities
- Challenges to Data Center Capabilities and Utility
- Challenges to Public Cloud Integration
- Challenges to Exceptional Mobile Experiences
- Challenges to Cybersecurity
- VMware Solutions and Products:
- Horizon Cloud with Hosted Infrastructure and Horizon Cloud with On-Premises Infrastructure
- On-Premises Data Center
- vSphere and vSphere with Operations Management, The Universal App Platform
- vCenter Server
- vSAN (Formerly Virtual SAN)
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Deployment
- Site Recovery Manager
- NSX: The Next Generation Networking Model, NSX Use Cases: Security, Automation, and Application Continuity
- vRealize Operations
- On-Premises Data Center Suites: vRealize Suite, vCloud Suite
- Cloud Foundation, SDDC Manager: Automated Lifecycle Management and Operations, Next Generation HCI Architecture
- Off-Premises Data Center
- vRealize Automation Overview, Use Case – IT Automating IT, DevOps Ready IT
- vRealize Business for Cloud
- vCloud Air Hybrid Cloud Manager Overview
- Digital Workspace
- On-Premises User
- Off-Premises User
- The VMware Whiteboard
- Introducing the VMware Whiteboard, The Framework, Adaptable to All Kinds of Environments, Showing the Customer’s Environment With the Framework, Showing How Data Flows with the Framework
- The Whiteboard Quadrants
- Customer Roles, How Customer Roles Map to Whiteboard, Concerns, Impact, Conversation Points
- Customer Conversations
- The VMware Whiteboard in a Customer Conversation
- Discuss the Primary Data Center
- Explore Any Additional Data Centers
- Explore the Environment Further
- Discuss the End User Space
- Present the VMware Solutions in the Data Center
- Present VMware Solutions in the End User Space
- Finalize the Whiteboard Presentation
- Technical Tools and Tips
This course is offered by coursera (Link to course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/deploy-micro-kube-ibm-cloud/home/welcome)
April 7, 2018 – Completed Topics:
Introduction to Kubernetes – what Kubernetes is and what it does. Explore Kubernetes architecture and basic concepts.
Set up your environment – how to set up your environment, and create a Kubernetes cluster.
Deploy a microservices application to a Kubernetes cluster – deployment configuration, and deploy a microservices application to a Kubernetes cluster in IBM Cloud.
Manage applications in a Kubernetes cluster – how to secure and manage a Kubernetes cluster, and how to plan cluster deployment to IBM Cloud.