This badge is awarded for successful completion of the Industry Jumpstart program.
Issued By: IBM
Issued On: 16 Apr 2018
What it takes to earn this badge
Industry Basics: Describe the basics of the industry and be able to identify key decision makers for the industry and their priorities.
Industry Solutions: Articulate key business processes in strategic IBM solution areas and have the ability to relate key industry financial drivers to future growth opportunities
Engage Client: Become engaged with other industry professionals (internal & external) and be able to prepare to have a business conversation with a client or industry professional
EARN; Currently this badge is only available for IBM Employees. Follow this link to earn this badge.
This course is offered by Blockchain Training Alliance (Link to course: https://blockchaintrainingalliance.com/collections/all-courses/products/blockchain-architecture)
Dates: April 25-27, 2018: Virtual Instructor-led WebEx
This instructor-led 3 day Blockchain Architecture training is for technical leaders who need to make decisions about architecture, environment, and development platforms. The class covers the following topics:
- What is Blockchain
- How does Blockchain work
- Types of Blockchains
- How is Blockchain different from what we have today
- What are use cases for Blockchain
- What does a Blockchain app look like
- How do I design a Blockchain app
- How do I develop a Blockchain app
- How do I test a Blockchain app
What is Blockchain?
- A record keeping system, Trust, Decentralization, Trustless environment
How does Blockchain work?
- Announcements, Blocks, Nodes, Chaining, Verification, Consensus, Scalability, Privacy, Crypto Hashing, Digital Fingerpring, PoW vs PoS
Types of Blockchains
- Public vs Private, Open vs closed, Smart Contracts, Blockchain as History, Tokens / Coins, Gas
How is Blockchain different from what we have today?
- Decentralized, Peer-to-peer architecture, Software vs Firmware, Database vs Blockchain, Distributed database or other technology? Data Sovereignty, Group Consensus
What are Use Cases for Blockchain?
- Use Case Examples: Currency, Banking Services, Voting, Medical Records, Supply Chain / Value Chain, Content Distribution, Verification of Software Updates (cars, planes, trains, etc), Law Enforcement, Title and Ownership Records, Social Media and Online Credibility, Fractional asset ownership, Cable Television billing, High fault tolerance, DDoS-proof, Public or Private Blockchain? Who are the participants?
What does a Blockchain app look like?
- Resembles typical full stack web application
- Any internal state changes and all transactions are written to the blockchain
- Public Blockchain visibility
- Private Blockchain solutions
How do I design a Blockchain app?
- What does this solution need to let users do?
- Will the proposed solution reduce or remove the problems and pain points currently felt by users?
- What should this solution prevent users from doing?
- Do you need a solution ready for heavy use on day 1?
- Is your solution idea enhanced by the use of Blockchain? Does the use of Blockchain create a better end-user experience? If so, how?
- Has your business developed custom software solutions before?
- What level of support are you going to need?
- How big is the developer community?
- Does your vision of the future align with the project or platform’s vision of the future?
- Does the platform aim to make new and significant contributions to the development space, or is it an efficiency / cost play?
- Should the solution be a public or private Blockchain?
- Should the solution be an open or closed Blockchain?
- Create a plan for contract updates and changes!
- Hybrid solutions
- Monetary exchanges?
How do I develop a Blockchain app?
- AGILE approach pre-release
- Define guiding principles up front
- Software vs Firmware
- Announcements, not transactions!
- Classes, not contracts
- Link contracts to share functions
- Use calling contracts to keep contract address the same
- Hyperledger vs Ethereum
- CONSIDER No of Users * Avg No of Transactions (state changes) per User
- Should a Blockless solution be applied?
- Monolithic vs Modular
- Sandwich complexity model
How do I test a Blockchain app?
- Recommend 5x to 10x traditional application testing time
- SECURITY is #1!
- Networks (Ethereum)
This eLearning course on VTSP Foundation introduces the VMware Whiteboard methodology that the sales engineer can build upon to deliver the whiteboards on all VMware solution areas. The course explains how to practice the VMware Whiteboard in a sales play, superimposing the customer’s environment onto the Whiteboard framework, and then illustrating the VMware solutions that the sales engineer would recommend.
- Explain how VMware solutions complement one another to present a holistic vision to customers.
- Customize the VMware Whiteboard to fit your customer’s environment and needs.
- Present the VMware Whiteboard without difficulty.
- Access VMware sales tools.
- Introduction to VTSP Foundation
- VMware Portfolio Review
- The Customer’s Strategic Priorities
- Delivering on the Customer’s Strategic Priorities
- Challenges to Data Center Capabilities and Utility
- Challenges to Public Cloud Integration
- Challenges to Exceptional Mobile Experiences
- Challenges to Cybersecurity
- VMware Solutions and Products:
- Horizon Cloud with Hosted Infrastructure and Horizon Cloud with On-Premises Infrastructure
- On-Premises Data Center
- vSphere and vSphere with Operations Management, The Universal App Platform
- vCenter Server
- vSAN (Formerly Virtual SAN)
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Deployment
- Site Recovery Manager
- NSX: The Next Generation Networking Model, NSX Use Cases: Security, Automation, and Application Continuity
- vRealize Operations
- On-Premises Data Center Suites: vRealize Suite, vCloud Suite
- Cloud Foundation, SDDC Manager: Automated Lifecycle Management and Operations, Next Generation HCI Architecture
- Off-Premises Data Center
- vRealize Automation Overview, Use Case – IT Automating IT, DevOps Ready IT
- vRealize Business for Cloud
- vCloud Air Hybrid Cloud Manager Overview
- Digital Workspace
- On-Premises User
- Off-Premises User
- The VMware Whiteboard
- Introducing the VMware Whiteboard, The Framework, Adaptable to All Kinds of Environments, Showing the Customer’s Environment With the Framework, Showing How Data Flows with the Framework
- The Whiteboard Quadrants
- Customer Roles, How Customer Roles Map to Whiteboard, Concerns, Impact, Conversation Points
- Customer Conversations
- The VMware Whiteboard in a Customer Conversation
- Discuss the Primary Data Center
- Explore Any Additional Data Centers
- Explore the Environment Further
- Discuss the End User Space
- Present the VMware Solutions in the Data Center
- Present VMware Solutions in the End User Space
- Finalize the Whiteboard Presentation
- Technical Tools and Tips
The Digital Transformation Playbook: Rethink Your Business for the Digital Age, by David Rogers, Columbia University Press, April 2016
Topics discussed include:
- The Five Domains of Digital Transformation – A Holistic Framework
- Customer Networks and the New Path to Purchase
- Understanding Digital Customer Behaviors
- Platform Business Models
- Coopetition, Dis/intermediation, and Asymmetric Competitors
- Building Data as a Strategic Asset for Your Business
- Big Data at Work: New Data, New Tools, and Templates of Value
- Innovation Through Experimentation: AB Test and Minimum Viable Products
- Translating the Lean Startup to Enterprise Scale Innovation
- Adapting Your Value Proposition
- Mastering Disruptive Business Models
- Surviving Disruption: Six Incumbent Responses to a Disruptive Challenger
- Leadership and the Customer Value Imperative
A valuable book with great references and practical examples.