I haven’t been posting for a while – but it’s not because I haven’t been learning… It is because I have been overwhelmed with the influx of information, that I didn’t even have time to blog about it :).
I’ll keep this post updated with some of the information that I can share with everyone, since most of the learning under this topic is done through IBM’s internal learning portals. I still go outside my bubble and look from a broader perspective at any topic that I am handling, especially in IBM. It’s amazing how open and blurred its boundaries are; this gives us the chance to be unbiased and to really go back to our clients with top notch solutions to their problems… we also cook awesome and super cool futuristic dishes to satisfy their innovation appetite!
I think I chose the coolest profession in the history of the world…
… To be continued…
This course is offered by coursera (Link to course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/algorithmic-toolbox/home/welcome).
It is part of a 5-course specialization in Data Structures and Algorithms.
It’s been a while since I’ve tackled any algorithmic dilemmas. So I figured it would be great to refresh on the basics quickly, instead of deep diving in NP-hard problems :))!
December 1, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Solving a basic coding problem while tackling different bugs that might arise because of things like integer overflow, slow performance, wrong results, boundary issues, etc…
- Stress Testing techniques and debugging
This course is offered by coursera (Link to course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/enterprise-system-management-security/home/welcome).
It is part of a 4-course specialization in Computer Security and Systems Management. It was a good refresher – back to basics – type of course!
November 29, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Enterprise Computing – Roles in System Management, Practical System Management
- Networking – Addressing, Subnetting, Network Addressing and Subnetting Explained from Cisco, OSI Model
December 11, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Virtualization – What is Virtualization, Types of Virtualization, When to use and not use virtualization, Your Computer vs. an Enterprise System, Overview of Virtualization from VMware
- Security – FIPS 199, Risk in System Management, Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability, Other Topics
- Course Project – BYOD (adoption, risk, security, networking, future)
This webinar (recorded on the on 5 February 2015) provides an overview of the recently published White Paper on SIAM and ITIL, written by Kevin Holland and published by AXELOS. It provides an introduction to the topic and how implementation of SIAM builds on the guidance provided by the core ITIL publications.
Link to the Webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqQUiKBsZtg
Link to the Whitepaper: https://www.axelos.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=6ed22879-f3cd-458c-87c2-b53575ddca06
This course is offered by coursera (Link to course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/planning-auditing-maintaining-enterprise-systems/home/welcome).
It is part of a 4-course specialization in Computer Security and Systems Management.
Record of Completion: https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/records/8CAFN7ZSXF78
November 24, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Critical first steps in System Management – Security at the forefront, Attack surfaces, Integrity
- Planning for an enterprise system environment – Policies (Organizational and Technical), Separation of duties, Planning for disaster
November 26, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Audit – Strategies for Monitoring, Splunk, Auditing, Operational Intelligence, Splunk – Working Smarter NIST, Syslog
- Maintain – Updating systems in the enterprise, When something goes wrong, Base-lining and Assessment, Backup Strategies, The 3-2-1 Backup Strategy
November 27, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Peer-graded Assignment: Understanding and writing organizational policies
This course is offered by EDX.ORG (Link to course: https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:IIMBx+MK210x+2T2017/course/)
November 22, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Introduction to CRM – What is CRM, Criticality of Customer Relationships, Benefits of Customer Relationships, Why Should Businesses Adopt CRM, Expert Insights
- Building Customer Relationships – IDIC Framework, Ladder of Loyalty, Customer Bonds, Customer Defections, CRM Framework, Expert Insights
November 23, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Economics of CRM – Evolution of Marketing Practices, Customer Share Vs Market Share, Lifetime Value of Customers, Activity Based Costing for CRM, Customer Equity, Expert Insights
This course is offered by EDX.ORG (Link to Course: https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:LinuxFoundationX+LFS171x+3T2017/course/)
Title: LFS171x: Blockchain for Business – An Introduction to Hyperledger Technologies (Copyright 2017, The Linux Foundation and Hyperledger. All rights reserved.)
November 18, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Chapter 1. Discovering Blockchain Technologies – Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), Bitcoin and Ethereum Blockchains, Exploring Permissionless Blockchains, Consensus Algorithms, Hyperledger, Other Open Source Permissioned Distributed Ledgers, Challenges in the Adoption/Deployment of Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Chapter 2. Introduction to Hyperledger – Hyperledger Frameworks, Hyperledger Modules
- Chapter 3. The Promise of Business Blockchain Technologies – Existing Blockchain Use Cases, When to Use or Not to Use Blockchain Technologies